PORT ANGELES — The Port Angeles Parks and Recreation Department will host a “Day of Play” on Saturday.
Nine events are planned for youth at various locations throughout the city.
Stickers will be provided at each of the events to be placed on a Day of Play “passport.”
Those who collect the most stickers will be entered for a drawing with prizes from local businesses and agencies such as Olympic Hiking Co., Adventures Through Kayaking, Port Angeles Lefties Baseball, Olympic National Park and Brown’s Outdoor.
The city’s Day of Play is part of the July celebration of National Parks and Recreation Month.
Here is the schedule of events for the second annual Port Angeles Day of Play:
• 8 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. — Kickoff ceremony at Vern Burton Community Center, 308 E. Fourth St. T-shirts, passports and snacks will be provided.
• 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. — Legos and lawn games at Port Angeles library, 2210 S. Peabody St.
• 11 a.m., noon, 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. — Meet a sea creature in presentations beginning on the hour at Feiro Marine Life Center, 315 N. Lincoln St.
• 10:30 a.m. to
12:30 p.m. — Free disc golf clinic at Lincoln Park, 1900 W. Lauridsen Blvd. Meet at the first hole near the Loomis building.
• 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. — The Tour De Lincoln Park scavenger hunt bike ride at Lincoln Park. Meet at
8:45 a.m. at the parking lot near the BMX track. Helmets are required at the Port Angeles Likes Bikes event.
• 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. — The annual Park View Villas car show and family barbecue, 1430 Park View Lane. Burgers and hot dogs will be provided. Local band Renegade will perform.
The Happy Tymer’s Clowns will be on hand and a face painting station will be open.
“Park View Villas is a great place to spend a nice summer day,” Park View Villas Executive Director Gladys Doty said in a news release.
”With music, a car show and vote, clowns, traditional BBQ food and good friends, how could you go wrong?”
Nearly 60 hot dogs and…
Read the full article at https://www.peninsuladailynews.com/news/day-of-play-planned-in-port-angeles/