Artists Along the Bitterroot, a local nonprofit, is happy to announce they have received funding for their 2019 Youth Art In Action Program. We are very grateful to have received donations from the Rotary Club of Hamilton and the Rapp Family Foundation. These funds will be used to provide monies for professional artists’ residencies and the art supplies needed for the free workshops for youth artists.
This year’s program has expanded to include more workshops and artists as well as including younger ages. In addition, Montana Bliss Artworks’ ARTspace and the O’Hara Commons will be providing spaces for the workshops. Some artists also host their workshops at their studios so youth artists can learn how artists create and manage their work as professionals.
Preregister at Montana Bliss Artworks Gallery, 101 S. Seventh St., Hamilton, MT 59840. Contact the coordinator Jean Driescher for more information and registration packets at email@example.com or 406-210-4631. Class sizes are limited so be sure to register soon.
The Youth Art in Action summer 2019 schedule includes:
• Body Art and Design, for six students ages 14-18, by resident artist: Jennifer Dennison, noon to 4 p.m., on Mondays Aug. 12 and Aug. 19, at Steel Paintbrush Studio, 701 Main in Hamilton.
• ART Exploration — Elementary, for eight students ages 5-7, by resident Artists: Artists Along the Bitterroot, 9-11 a.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 21, at The O’Hara Commons, 111 S. Fourth St. in Hamilton.
• Beads and Bangles, for eight students ages 5-8, by resident artist: Jean Driescher, 9 a.m. to noon on Thursday, August 1, at ARTspace Studio, 105 S. Seventh St. in Hamilton.
• Watercolor Fun No. 2, for eight students ages 5-7, by resident artist: Jean Driescher, 9 a.m. to noon on Monday, Aug. 5, at ARTspace Studio, 105 S. Seventh St. in Hamilton.
• Sculpting Friends (Face Concrete Sculptures), for six students ages 10–16, by resident artist: Barbara Liss,…
Read the full article at https://ravallirepublic.com/news/local/article_0883a282-84a7-556b-95e4-dbd10357448b.html